Green your building
Reduce energy use
Reduce, reuse, and recycle office
- Buy recycled content, remanufactured, and recyclable
office products, and recycle them when appropriate
(including e-cycling electronics). At a minimum, buy
recycled paper and recycle it again. See the small
business guide to pollution prevention for more
- Clean Out Your Files and recycle papers you no
longer need. Many organizations sponsor cleaning weeks;
check with your office management staff.
- Use spell check and proofread before you print or
copy. Print double sided whenever possible. Minimize the
amount of paper you use.
- Buy reusable office supplies instead of disposable
- Set up an area to store and exchange reusable office
supplies, such as binders
- Recycle fluorescent bulbs properly to prevent
hazardous mercury from entering the environment.
In addition to these items, check the Environmental
Protection Agency's "At
the Workplace" page
Top of Page